Funded Projects and Prizes
- aDVANCE Desenvolvimento de novas vacinas anticancro, QREN-ADI 2013-2015
- Prémio de Inovação Bluepharma-Universidade de Coimbra 2014
- Prémio de Mérito Científico Santander Totta – Universidade Nova de Lisboa 2012/2013
- The role of sialic acid in the immunobiology of dendritic cells | PTDC/SAUMII/67561/2006 - Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia
- Fulbright Commission to P. Videira (2013) and L. Rodrigues (2014)
- Bolsa LPCC/PFIZER 2011
National - Processo 108621 L, "A NOVEL DENDRITIC CELLS POPULATION, METHOD OF PRODUCTION AND USE THEREOF"
International - N/REF. PCT/IB2016/053901 WO 2017002045 A1 A VIABLE CELL POPULATION, METHOD FOR PRODUCTION AND USES THEREOF
Improved Dendritic cell-based vaccines for cancer treatment:
Aim: To identify the role of glycans expressed by human dendritic cells and use glycoengineering to improve dendritic cell based vaccines.
Glycans involved in haematogenous cell migration:
Aim: To identify the role of glycans expressed by human dendritic cells and cancer cells that contribute to transendothelial migration
Bispecific antibodies for breast cancer treatment:
Aim: To develop therapeutics to treat breast cancer that specifically target cancer cells, and simultaneously engage patient’s immune system to kill these tumor cells.
Host-pathogen interaction - In vitro model based on human dendritic cell functions:
Aim: to address mechanisms of immune evasion by bacteria
In vivo model of skin/ surgery infection using immunocompetent rats:
Aim: to compare bacteria growth in skin or surgical wounds, to compare immune response after evasion, to test anti-microbial drugs and drug-delivery systems.
: To identify the role of glycans expressed by human dendritic cells and
glycoengineering to improve dendritic cell based vaccines.